Hurdy Gurdy Model Building Kit
Build your very own Hurdy Gurdy that actually plays dreamy musical melodies
- An instrument you can call your own - Assemble all of its 292 wooden laser-cut parts from the melody strings to the key box. You'll know all the components of the Hurdy Gurdy, a classical single string instrument.
- 3 musical score sheets included Varying levels of songs can be found in the instruction booklet (Novice, Intermediate, and Expert) so you can start playing tunes right away. Remember practice makes perfect.
- A timeless masterpiece - Crank the handle and admire the intricate movements as each part work together in harmony to create a soothing melody.
- Hours of fun – Immerse yourself with a new hobby that is sure to pass the time. From adults to teenagers, this is a great way to take a break and de-stress from your daily routine.
- No tools required – All our model kits are designed to fit together without additional tools or glue.
- Free Parts Replacement - Broke or lost a piece? We'll replace it!
- German Laser Cutting Technology - Each kit is made with quality precision and from natural wood.
Tuning your Hurdy-Gurdy Musical Instrument
The model has a melody string for playing melodies and a bourdon string for a background sound. 6 keys correspond to 6 notes that are played by pushing the key while rotating the crank. The released keys provide one more, seventh, note. The second (bourdon) string is tuned by tuning the peg in unison to the melody string or in any melodic interval (quart, quint, octave). The construction kit includes pieces of rosin to wax the wheel and improve the sound.
Playing The Mechanical Hurdy-Gurdy Musical Instrument
To start the music flowing, the player just needs to crank the handle with one hand to kick off a drone sound from the bourdon and melody strings. Pushing the wooden buttons with the fingers of the other hand changes the pitch of the melody string, as "spring-loaded" wooden blocks essentially shorten the string.
Dimensions: 14.9" Height x 6.7" Length x 2" Width
1) Can I paint/stain the model?
Yes, the model kits can be painted, varnished and/or stained.
2) What is the recommended age?
The recommended age for our model kits is 14+.
3) What happens if I break or lose a piece while assembling?
We offer FREE parts replacements on our kits. We even cover the shipping!
4) Do I need glue during assembly?*
A majority of our kits do not require glue for assembly.
5) Where do the kits ship from?
All of our models are shipped from the U.S.A.
You'll Also Love These