Sail away on an exciting marine mechanical adventure
Where will she take you today - around-the-world cruise? An overseas expedition? Leave the rough seas of the daily grind and voyage to faraway lands with the Trimaran Sailboat.
The bench model Trimaran is a classic multihull sailboat designed to show off a great deal of details such as winches, rigging, and hulls, which makes her a very realistic miniature copy of real-life prototypes.
The body of the sailboat is made in the “skeleton” style to ensure good visibility of the mechanism and the design of the sailboat, including such details as bulkheads, frames and beams. The rear rudder blade is steered by the ropes connected through the pontoons to the master wheel on the stern.
The hydrofins on the side of the pontoons make the model stable and steady while creating a visual effect of the elevation of the model. The side pontoons are attached to the main body with a load frame designed to match the style of the hulls. Also, they carry a boat davit mechanism with a winch.
The mainsail and fore staysail on the mast can be set or taken in, just like on real trimarans. The staysail “rolls up” on a stay. At the front under the bowsprit you will find the staysail’s winch drum. Sail booms are operated by a lever that pulls the sheet of the boom.
The model comes with several templates for a flag of a ship. Create your own design and using the winch, hoist the ensign up the mast. The anchor cable winch based inside the Trimaran’s body has an automatic-tensioning mechanism that picks up an anchor.
- Disconnect from the noise of today’s world - Immerse yourself in hours of craftsmanship, constructing this immaculate sailboat.
- Nurture your skillsets - As you assemble this model from its 237 wooden parts, your creativity will come to the fore and when you finish the work your friends and family will see the time, skill, and patience you put into your project.
- No glue required - Everything you need to get started is included along with clear and easy to follow instructions. You’ll find satisfaction and reward as each immaculate piece of wood fits together.
Dimensions: 16.1"(L) x 22"(H) x 9.1"(W)
- Recommended Age: 14+
Building this sailboat is about more than putting it on display, it’s a labor of love you’ll want everyone to see, touch, and interact with.
1) Can I paint/stain the model?
Yes, the model kits can be painted, varnished and/or stained.
2) What is the recommended age?
The recommended age for our model kits is 14+.
3) What happens if I break or lose a piece while assembling?
We offer FREE parts replacements on our kits. We even cover the shipping!
4) Do I need glue during assembly?*
A majority of our kits do not require glue for assembly.
5) Where do the kits ship from?
All of our models are shipped from the U.S.A.
You'll Also Love These