Steam Express Locomotive (Tender + 8 Feet of Track Included)
Assemble A Powerful and Stunning Wooden Locomotive
The minutely detailed futuristic design of the Steam Express reveals the beauty of moving details: gears and a flywheel, the work of cylinder-piston arrangement – almost an exact miniature copy of one of the main mechanical blocs of a real locomotive.
One full winding will give your Locomotive enough energy to cover a distance of up to four meters. You can change the direction of movement by switching a small lever on the side of the models’ body. The locomotive has three settings: forward, back, and idle.
When the mechanism of the model is working in idle, you can safely observe the work of the moving elements without having to worry that your train will race off into the blue. If you want to test another exciting option of your new model – switch it into the “Back” setting. The locomotive will roll back and automatically hook up with its tender.
The tender is worth mentioning as a separate point. The coal car with lifting sides has a hatch that you can lock with a tiny latch. Of course, driven by a rubber-band motor, the locomotive needs no coal, which leaves plenty of room in the tender for some small cargo you might want to deliver: sweets, knickknacks, and messages.
The kit also includes 2.45 meters (96.5 inches) of tracks
Why Build A Wooden Steam Express Locomotive Kit?
- Disconnect from the noise of today’s world - immerse yourself in hours of craftsmanship, constructing this working train.
- Nurture your skillsets - as you assemble this model, your creativity, patience, and problem-solving skills will be strengthened.
- No glue required - everything you need to get started is included along with clear and easy to follow instructions. You’ll find satisfaction and reward as each immaculate piece of wood fits together.
- Your very own classic steam engine - once complete, wind it up and watch it speed forward.
Steam Express Wooden Locomotive Specifications
- 538 Wooden Pieces
- Dimensions Train: 22"(L) x 4.7"(W) x 4.7"(H)
Self-propelled mechanical action- No batteries needed
Estimated time for completion: 15-24 hours
1) Can I paint/stain the model?
Yes, the model kits can be painted, varnished and/or stained.
2) What is the recommended age?
The recommended age for our model kits is 14+.
3) What happens if I break or lose a piece while assembling?
We offer FREE parts replacements on our kits. We even cover the shipping!
4) Do I need glue during assembly?*
A majority of our kits do not require glue for assembly.
5) Where do the kits ship from?
All of our models are shipped from the U.S.A.
You'll Also Love These
Mechanical Pendulum Clock Kit$94.99 $199.99
The Rail Express Wooden Train Building Kit$94.99 $109.99
Road Cruiser$74.99 $149.99
Speedster Race Mobile Kit$94.99 $139.99
Marble Frenzy Coaster Wooden Model Kit$89.99 $99.99